Sr. Director Quality Engineering
Location: Remote w/Travel as requested
Type of Work: FT/Permanent Hire
The Senior Director of Quality Engineering supporting our Print business will be responsible for advancing forward the quality engineering function relative to the teams’ work product and deliverables, its overall engineering acumen in getting ready for the cloud and DevOps, while maintaining firm control on quality metrics and finance/budget controls. The Senior Director must ensure the Quality Engineering teams can automate systems under test and achieve success at In Sprint Automation. This will be done through innovation and collaboration with quality engineering teams, enterprise architecture, development engineering teams, and related business functions.
The Senior Director will be responsible for driving a dramatic increase in demonstratable skill and practice in quality engineering. This position reports to the VP of Quality Engineering.
- Managing the tracking multiple simultaneous projects and resource levelling QE team member time from one project to another based on priority.
- Managing efficacy of regression tests, along with driving automation for regression scenarios.
- Work closely with Business partners and project management to prioritize projects (sometimes based off QE availability).
- Working closely with DEV and recommending project start and end dates for Dev/QE, sometimes due to a regular shift in priorities or resource attrition.
- You have a proven track record of delivering projects, taking ownership of tough challenges, and reducing organizational and technological complexity.
- You love to develop people, as much as you love developing systems.
- You love upskilling staff talent and look for ways to make their jobs easier through automation.
- You demonstrated that you could lead a team of strong engineers at becoming technical experts, or full stack engineers, exhibiting technical mastery and proven delivery success along the way.
- Not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and help when needed.
- You are resilient and able to cope with change while finding ways to support delivery of quality products to production.
- You are comfortable in the uncomfortable. You are not afraid to operate outside of your comfort zone, if need be, to drive your teams to meeting their deliverables.
- You look for ways to improve yourself and your team, never relaxing in your thirst to be better.
- You are a self-starter, committed to your personal and organizational goals.
- You have excellent decision making, problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills.
- You are tenacious, conscientious, and curious with thirst for knowledge.
- Break down the silos in Change Healthcare and foster a GSD (Get Stuff Done!) culture.
- Develop deep product domain knowledge to understand the business.
- Lead the team in identification of best testing approach to a given Print workstream.
- Outwardly challenge business and development partners where needed, ensuring quality engineering’s needs are goals are met.
- Assist the VP of Quality Engineering with defining, implementing, and evolving the vision and strategy for validation, verification, and testing of Print based work products and solutions throughout the software lifecycle.
- Champion new engineering and business metrics for measuring and reporting on the quality of Print based solutions to increase level of transparency on the overall health of software products and processes.
- Identify ways to train SDETs into full stack engineers.
- Identify ways to train SDETs in AWS.
- Build a QE core competency centered in Print within your teams.
- Partner with Center of Enablement on appropriate automation frameworks, tools, and architected solutions to automate menial work performed within the Print team.
- Build Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to reflect goals and measured progress along the journey. Partner with the Print team to build and adhere to shared OKRs for annual goal setting and completion.
- Continuous improvement – champion solutions that tie production leakage tie back to the Quality Engineering process.
- The role will be very hands on and tactical, while also being strategic. Tactical work may subside some only when a skilled team is built with work deliverables and commitments being met.
- Will need experience in building highly technical teams, with hands on experience in recruiting staff.
- Resource management experience, with resource allocation, and making technical recommendations where needed.
- Required to be an influencer and leader of QE best practices with Full Stack Engineering Teams.
6+ years of professional experience in Senior Quality Engineering Management. Experience in managing Print functions in a high-volume transaction-oriented business for multiple years is a plus. 10+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering work required.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to fulfill project demands.
- Regularly explores and learns new skills/knowledge and applies them in practice; mentors others in skills/knowledge.
- Proven track record of building and delivering enterprise-class products.
- Crisp and effective executive communication skills, including significant experience presenting cross-functionally and across all levels.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. More advanced degrees are preferred
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Some of our positions require employees to be onsite at a Change Healthcare facility or a Client site, including Medical Facilities. Depending on the site’s health and safety guidelines, you may be required to have medical screenings or vaccinations to meet site requirements, which may include Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing. Further details and requirements will be confirmed during the interview process.