Programmer Analst III
Overview of Position
Under the direction of the Director of Information Technology, incumbent performs various functions related to daily support of the GE Centricity Business application for multiple external ASP clients and support of the McKesson RCO billing office. This includes phone and hands on support, education and issue resolution, and project work.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Telephone and on-site support to end users at the client site or RCO billing office including the use of the vendor, client, and Change help desk production ticket systems to log and track issues - identify and solve problems.
- Collection and analysis of data from the implementation of Billing and Account Receivable (BAR), Security Plus (SEC+), Registration (REG), and Paperless Collection System (PCS) to ensure system compliance and maximization of features.
- Production of reports to substantiate the data analysis. Provide moderate to high level support for the following AthenaIDX modules and monitor and debug issues with system interfaces and extracts.
- Generate and support paper claim and EDI (837/835) processes Also, providing maintenance of system dictionaries, screens, reports, form letters and other system features requiring edits on a regular basis.
- Participate in medium to large scale projects to implement AthenaIDX Business (BAR/ interfaces) and lead small to medium scale projects as assigned.
- Learn modules of IDX not yet implemented or handled with other teams with the focus on how to best serve the end user community.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 4 years software engineering and medical billing experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of software engineering and 5 years working knowledge of AthenaIDX Business applications preferred.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- EDI enrollment process, tools, and understanding.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands, remote work environment.
How much should I expect to travel?
Less than 25% travel involved.
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience with EDI support in the practice management world. The candidate should be able to work independently and be responsible for providing consistent and thorough updates on progress and status and communicate professionally with the client and supporting vendors.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Some of our positions require employees to be onsite at a C-Team Member Healthcare facility or a Client site, including Medical Facilities. Depending on the site’s health and safety guidelines, you may be required to have medical screenings or vaccinations to meet site requirements, which may include Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing. Further details and requirements will be confirmed during the interview process.